+48 884 321 332


When you complete all the formalities related to your university admission and receive an official invitation from your future school, there comes a time for visa application.

You can apply for a study visa (D-type National visa) at the Polish Consulate located in your country or in the country with the nearest jurisdiction.

Local Partners of StudyIn will help you with visa processing, assist with booking an appointment and check your documents before you attend the appointment at the Embassy of Poland in your country.

Here are some tips to help you:

A D-type national visa permits to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland and to stay continuously or for several successive times in this territory for a total duration of more than 90 days during the period of validity of the visa, but not longer than one year.

A D-type national visa also permits travel in the territory of other Schengen Area Member States for up to 90 days during a 180-day period, during the validity period of the visa.

What documents are needed when applying for a D-type visa?

  • A travel document (passport);
  • A filled out and signed visa application;
  • A photograph;
  • A proof of visa payment;
  • A medical travel insurance whose coverage amounts to not less than EUR 30,000, and covering all expenses that may arise in connection with the need to return for medical reasons, a medical emergency, urgent hospitalization or death, or medical insurance within the meaning of Polish regulations on health care benefits financed out of public funds;
  • Supporting documents:
    • A document confirming the purpose of travel and conditions of stay;
    • A document confirming possession of adequate financial resources to cover the costs of living during the planned stay and to cover the costs of return to the country of origin or residence, or to cover the costs of transit to a third country, which will certainly give permission for entry, or documents confirming that the applicant can legally obtain such funds;
    • A document that permits to assess that the applicant will leave the territory of the Republic of Poland before the visa expires;
    • Other documents that confirm other circumstances referred to in the visa application.

Supporting documents may be different depending on the country where a visa application is submitted.

For more details, please contact the relevant consular post.

Information of the Minister of Foreign Affairs about the insurers and the insurances that they offer, which meet the necessary conditions referred to in Article 25 (1) (2) (a) and Article 25 (1b) of the Act of 12 December 2013 on Foreigners*

*https://www.gov.pl/web/diplomacy/visas, access 27/09/2022


A Temporary Residence Card (TRC) is granted to a foreigner when the purpose of their stay in Poland is to study at full-time higher education (Bachelor and Master studies) or doctoral studies.

This permit may also be obtained by a foreigner who intends to undergo a preparatory course to study in Polish or English, provided that the circumstances justify their stay in Poland for a period longer than 3 months.

StudyIn provides legal assistance with TRC applications.